Daily small-group Pride (advisory) time is focused on community building and sisterhood. Live video lessons are led by our wonderful team of teachers and students will receive a weekly class schedule that will include links to all Live Zoom Classes. The final schedule will be released shortly pending additional input. Learn more about the technology students will be using and read about attendance expectations.
What is the daily schedule?
- 8:00-8:40: Pride (advisory) lessons focused on community building, sisterhood, and social and emotional learning.
- 8:50-12:45: 65 minute classes in English, Humanities, Martial Arts, Mathematics, and Science/Technology/Engineering
- 8:00-8:40: Pride
- 8:50-11:25: 45 minute classes, which provides time for staff development on Friday afternoon
- Detailed scheduled by cohort are available below
What are attendance expectations?
- Students are required to attend each virtual class.
- Families must communicate in advance if their student is unable to attend a virtual class.
- Girls Prep will communicate multiple times a day if a student is not present in class to ensure families are aware and can support attendance.
- View Girls Prep’s Attendance Policy here
What if students are absent from classes?
- All daily lesson materials are uploaded to the student’s Google Classroom.
- Students are required to make-up missed learning and assignments, with 2 days of make-up time given for each day missed.
What supplies does my student need?
- Writing utensils, paper, and a dedicated workspace to complete their work.
- Girls Prep provides all other supplies: a Chromebook, charger, earbuds with microphone, and a wifi hotspot (if needed).
How will students get time for community and relationship building?
- Community building occurs within content lessons and daily Pride (advisory).
- Pride leaders have biweekly check-ins with students to establish strong, positive relationships.
- Our school Social Worker will be available to support students with social emotional needs through open office hours, 1 on 1 sessions, and small group sessions.
Will my student be able to receive school breakfast and lunch?
- Girls Prep will continue to provide meal boxes including 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches weekly to families.
- All meals will be delivered each Monday by our partner, Inspired Occasions.
What if my student has an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or needs additional learning support?
- All student support for Exceptional Learners and/or English as a New Language Learners is provided in the remote setting.
- IEP team meetings happen remotely. If requested by the family, the Manager of Student Support will facilitate meetings with parents in person, following social distancing measures.